Email verification in vform
2008-09-19, 15:29 by Erik Dahl in RXML/XSLT
How it works:
- Verfies the email adress according to string patterns. Valid email string patterns could be of this format and probably many more:
- Erik Dahl <email@example.com>
- Erik Dahl <"firstname.lastname@example.org">
- Verifies that the domain part of the email address has a MX record - meaning that the <vinput type="email"/> does a domain name look-up.
- Domain name look-up can be disabled in the tag using the disable-domain-check="yes" attribute in the <vinput/> tag.
<vinput type="email" name="email" id="e_mail">
* Incorrect email address
<span style="color: green;">OK</span>
Can you use + sign in verfied input tag (<vinput/>)?
I got this question on the Roxen User Conference while talking about the Newsletter module.
Yes it will verify if you the user supplies email@example.com.
It was a valid question since apperently this format is used in order to directly mail coming from the subscription of the newsletter in separate folders directly.